Pauline of Brightest Blue has bestowed an honour upon me, lovely person that she is! She has nominated me for this award:
It’s the Kreativ Blogger Award, which is probably meant for people who are – um – “kreativ”. I’ve never thought of myself as particularly creative (or even “kreativ”), not in the way Pauline is, but I do like to write and writing is a creative activity. Sometimes.
Now, there are rules in order to claim this award.
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the award logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
So, here goes:
#1 – Thank you, Pauline!
#2 – Done. (See above).
#3 – Again, done. (See above. Again.).
#4 – Oh. Seven interesting things about me. This one I’m going to have to work at. But, read on:
1. I’m actually quite a good shot with a pellet gun. This is despite not having the greatest distance vision. I can hit a beer can about 99 % of the time from maybe fifty metres away (which may not be all that far in the grand scheme of things, but whatever. It feels far to me.)
2. I took accordion lessons from age 6 till age 12. I was pretty good. But I was also pretty little, so I couldn’t carry the thing by myself. At recitals, I had to go sit down on stage, then someone (usually my dad) would carry the instrument out to me. I haven’t even attempted to play it for almost 40 years. I don’t think I’m any good any more.
3. I once dyed my eyebrows really blonde. This was to match my dark brown hair in which I had just had blonde highlights put. I thought I would look better if my eyebrows were lighter, now that my hair was. I was wrong.
4. As a young teenager, I never had crushes on singers or film stars. No. I had crushes on hockey players, good Canadian kid that I was. In the early 1970s, I was pretty sure that I was going to marry Derek Sanderson of the Boston Bruins. If I ever met him. If he’d be interested in some awkward 13-year-old girl in Vancouver. However, by the time Derek came to play briefly for the Vancouver Canucks, I had moved on to real boys. Tough luck, Derek.
5. I don’t like popcorn. I can’t even stand the smell of it, especially the microwave version. I have never, ever eaten popcorn while watching a movie. That would ruin the movie for me. (In a corollary to this, I am a cheap date to take to a movie.)
6. I watch very little TV, and what I do watch is mostly sports. Hockey, motor racing, Canadian football, golf. I watched the Olympic games quite a lot, too. There are a couple of programs that I download fairly regularly and watch on my laptop, but rarely on TV. I don’t understand people who basically wake up in the morning and turn on the TV. Why do they do that? And why are so many of them my friends?
7. I get rid of stuff very easily. You might think that I don’t have a lot of stuff, but I actually do have a houseful. I just have only the things that I absolutely need, and not too much of anything. Clutter makes me nervous (just ask DD and PG!). My rule of thumb is: if you haven’t used it or worn it in a year, get rid of it. My other rule of thumb is: if you buy anything new, you have toss something old. My third rule of thumb is: less is more. And surprisingly, I have very rarely thrown something out that I later regretted. Or that I admitted regretting.
Okay. Enough of that. That was hard. I’m tired now. I can’t even think who to pass this award on to! So I’m going to break rules #5, #6 and #7 here (sorry, Pauline!) and tell you all to simply please grab that award for yourself if you’d like it – and you know who you are, you Kreativ Bloggers out there! Go! Take that award! Make it your own! You’re a winner!